Condominium Owner's Insurance

Insurance is a very competitive business and the price you pay for your condominium insurance can vary by hundreds of dollars, depending on the insurance company from which you purchase your policy. Mayfield Insurance understands this and wants to help consumers make educated and cost-effective decisions regarding insurance coverage. Below you will find a list of the most commonly asked questions regarding Condo Insurance. If you don't find an answer to your question below, please contact us and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

What type of policy do I need?

A condominium-unit owner's policy is designed to insure your personal belongings, plus provide coverage for items that are your responsibility under the terms of your condominium association by-laws. This coverage could be needed for such things as wall and floor coverings, improvements, or betterments.

How much coverage is needed?

In determining how much coverage is needed under a condo unit-owners policy, you need to do two things: (1) take the time and effort to compile a personal property inventory and update it as necessary, and (2) check the condo association’s by-laws (or have your agent do it) to see what else besides your contents and personal possessions you may be responsible for replacing. If necessary, feel free to bring a copy of your associations by-laws when you visit your agent. Your agent may notice a liability that you had not taken into consideration.